Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I get more information or help?
For all information and assistance, you can receive support from the IPC certification team by using the Help Desk as the email method has been phased out. The help desk can also be accessed through the Certification Portal by selecting the tab labeled Help Center Portal. *Note* you must create a login for the Help Desk in order for your inquiry to reach us successfully.
- I don't see my certification details in My Summary.
Please contact your trainer and ask if they’ve submitted the training report to IPC. The trainer has one week to do that and the certificate will show up under My Certification Summary within 24 hours after submission.
Please let us know if trainer submitted the report and you can't see any record after 24 hours.
- My Summary has the incorrect certification number and/or expiration date.
Please contact your trainer/training center to verify your detailed certification information.
- I don’t want to receive a lot of emails at work or at my personal email address. That is why I haven’t provided my email.
IPC does not sell or distribute emails. If a user does not want to receive emails from IPC they may opt out by visiting the Communication Preferences under View IPC Profile.
- Can I use my email address for my students?
No, an email address may only be used by a single user.
- How do I export certification summaries?
Click on the MS Excel icon in the top right hand corner of the summary.
- Can a CIS request an extension through the portal?
No. To ensure that extensions are granted within company guidelines, the CIS must request an extension from their trainer or any currently certified CIT/MIT in the same program. See below as shown in the 3.4 of the Professional Training and Certification Policy (.pdf). Trainers should use the CIS Extension Form.
Certified IPC Trainers are authorized to grant, at their discretion and in accordance with ISO or other certification guidelines and restrictions that may be in place at a company, a single extension of up to ninety (90) days to Certified IPC Specialist.
- How much are the online exams and how to order?
Exams are paid for in advance. To order certificates you would now contact Customer Service to place your order. Each order will be associated with an invoice number. That invoice number will automatically appear in the invoice drop-down when scheduling the class or on the Invoice Remaining tab. The invoices can only be accessed using the FIFO (First in First out) method and will alert you if the wrong invoice is selected.
On Line Certification Exams: Effective January 1, 2017, a fee of $35.00 will be charged for all online certification exams. The fee includes any and all exams that will result in a certificate. All mandatory and optional modules are included and can be taken anytime within the 2-year certification cycle. As part of this program students will be entitled to one free exam retake if they fail on the first try. Additional exam retakes will be charged at $10 each.
On Line Print Exams: Due to increased cost of programing and maintenance of the online print exam program, effective January 1, 2017, the online print exam charge will be $50 per student. As part of this program as well, students will be entitled to one free exam retake. Additional exam retakes will be charged at $10 each. All optional modules are included and can be taken anytime within the 2-year certification cycle.
CQI-ONLINE-EXAM: For IPC Standards Online Exam (full-set) - $35.00
CQI-ONLINE-EXAM-FUNDS: For IPC Standards Online Exam Funds – we use his one when people wish to add a flat amount, any amount.
CQI-ONLINE-EXAM-MOD: For IPC Standards Online Exam (single module) – this is only available for retakes we only allow two per students - $10.00
CQI-ONLINE-EXAM-PRN: For IPC Standards Online Exam (Online Print) - $50
IPC Customer Service
3000 Lakeside Drive, Suite 105 N
Bannockburn, IL 60015
1 847-597-2862 - Phone
1 847-615-7114 - Fax
Orderipc@ipc.org – Email
New Policy: CQI Invoice Expiration
In section 9 of the Certification Policies and Procedures, invoices will now expire one year from date of purchase. This policy went into effect as of January 1, 2017. Any invoice purchased on or after this date will expire one year from the purchase date. There will be no refund if funds are not used by the expiration date.
All account holders will be notified prior to the expiration date.
Please note, if you have a class scheduled against an invoice that is due to expire, it must be submitted, prior to the invoice expiration date.
- For the Billing Category, which option do I choose?
Effective January 2017 the pricing structure was changed and we added an additional field titled Billing Category. The billing category has two options--Initial and Retest. The Initial category is the default and should be used for the first attempt of taking a test. If a student fails the first test and the free retest, a new class must be scheduled. When setting up this new class the Retest category should be selected from the billing category.
- As a CIT, how do I request an extension on the portal?
To request your extension, please log on to our IPC certification portal at http://certification.ipc.org and enter your Login name and password. Once you are logged in, you can view your certification by clicking on the My Certification Summary and request your extension.
Once you click on the request extension link, the website will be updated with an asterisk by your expire date to indicate the extension has been granted and you will receive an auto-generated extension notification via email.
- How do I request an extension for my Space Addendum?
The Space Addendum is not a stand-alone certification. It expires with the J001 CIT certification.
- Can I have my student password email directly to the trainer?
No, providing the password to you directly presents a security issue as this provides you access to other portions of the IPC site as well. The students will need to retrieve their own passwords prior to taking the test. Passwords are never allowed to be shared. Once they log in, they can enter their email address and retrieve their password.
- My error message reads “Object doesn’t support property or method ‘dialog’?
This could be a browser issue. Consider asking your IT department to update you to one of the newer IE versions. Using a different browser such as Firefox should resolve the issue as well.
- Does the class details have a print option?
The class details does not have a print option. Open the class and print using your internet browser’s print option.
- The pull-down menu for Canada has no provinces available, the listing only shows states?
Though the state field has a drop down list, it also has a free text field that will allow you to type in the province.
- If you are a student and you will be attending first time training and you were instructed to have your email/password prior to the training-how do you do that?
You will need to create a profile since we do not already have you listed in our database. You may create your profile using the link below.
- How does the online print function work?
1. Sign on to https://certification.ipc.org
2. Select View/Edit Class
3. Select Enter New Class
4. Enter class details (course, modules, trainer’s employer, course type and training dates)
a. The Trainer’s employer will default to display your company name.
b. The course type for training reports is online print
c. Select the drop down menu labeled invoices, select an invoice from the dropdown menu. Click on the “add invoice” link next to it.
5. Click Add to save the class details.
6. Scroll to the bottom of the page to Enroll Students (see more instructions for adding a student below)
7. Once students have been added, click Return to Class Details
8. Click on a button located mid to bottom of the page labeled “Download Tests" button.
9. After clicking Download, the test will be displayed as a Zip file. You can then open the files and print the exams.
- How do I enter the grades?
Grades are entered by the total number of questions answered correctly. You no longer need to enter the percentage. Once the score is entered, click on save. Repeat this for all modules.
- I accidentally created a duplicate class record, it needs to be deleted, what do I do?
The website won’t allow you to submit without a certificate number. Since we are deleting the record because it’s a duplicate anyway, type in the word DELETE in the certificate number field.
- How can I update existing contact information for one of my students in my class via the Online Portal?
Email addresses can be updated after you enroll a student in your class. Once enrolled, click on edit to the right of the student’s name and you will then be able to update the student’s email. You can update the Certificate Name by modifying the Certificate name field. Click on edit to the right of the student's name to open the Certificate name field and then make the appropriate changes to the name and then click save.
- I created my profile, and now my certifications are missing, I cannot access my portal. Why?
Because we already had you listed in our database when you created a profile, it created a duplicate record in our database. Please submit a help desk ticket with a description of the problem and we will correct the issue on your behalf.
- I set up a class, chose all 9 modules and then added students. When I try to add test results, it only gives me the option for the first two mandatory tests, now what?
Here are some options for you, you can continue with what you have and then once you submit the class, create another class with the optional Modules.
Another option is to DELETE what you have and start over, unless the students have scores. Once scores are added you need to submit the class. You may submit the class for those students and then create a new class with the optional modules for the students who does not have scores.
As a prevention method to keep this from happening in the future, before you add the student’s scores, double check the modules and then if you need to make changes, that would be the time.
- How can I view all of the employees that has been certified at my Company?
This will require you to be a CQI Certification Representative. To request to be a CQI Certification Representative, just send a request to IPC using the Help Desk.
This will allow you to view all of the certifications at your site when you log into the Certification portal and view the Company Summary.
- What is the easiest option to add a student to a class?
To find a student that is already in our database, perform a name search by entering the student’s last name and first name and click search. The portal will provide you with a list of names to choose from. If you see your student’s name, click on it to add them to your class. If your student’s name is not shown, scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click on Add New Student. This will provide you with a form so that the student’s information can be added to our database.
- I need to delete an enrolled student; how do I do that?
Once scores are added, it’s too late to delete the class. Here is what you need to do, click on the name of the student and then enter a note in the student’s record (in the student comments section) that you would like us to delete this record because it was just a test or duplicate or mistake, etc. and then once we receive it we can delete it on our end.
Then enter the certificate number and then click submit to IPC.
- Will IPC use a new online test format (different questions) or will the questions remain the same (only a change in the question ordering)?
For all current versions, online exams are the same as the paper ones, with random order of questions and answer choices by each login. For future new revisions, the questions bank will be larger, the system auto-picked questions for each login could be different.
- When using the online system, can the instructor choose a test format that is consistent for the entire class, in terms of test question order?
No, the test system (3rd party’s product) generates the random order of questions and order of answer choices per student’s login.
- If the test question order changes for each student, and the instructor is administering the test manually, will IPC provide answer keys for each type of test format?
The system will generate the answer keys for each exam generated.
- Will we still be able to print the online paper tests, without student names and a unique email address? (We oftentimes do not receive student names and email addresses until the first day of class.)
No, student’s name and email address are required and has to be unique.
- I am not a CIT however; I am responsible for entering the training reports on behalf of our trainers. Is there a way for me to do this in the portal?
Yes, but this role is limited to one per site. A CQI Program Administrators may enter reports on behalf of their CITs. The CQI Administrator would be able to schedule classes for all CITs/MITs at your site. There are no prerequisites.
The ideal candidate is the person most responsible for entering reports and maintaining the certification records. To become a CQI Administrator a request must be now sent to IPC using the Help Desk. Please also have a consent from your HR office and/or your supervisor.
- If I give you my students email, can you send them a password?
This is something the trainer can do in their classes, please click on resend password.
- My company name is not listed in the Trainer’s employer field. What do I do?
Please send a note to IPC using the Help Desk so we can add your location to the portal.
- Can you delete my submitted class? I realized I made a mistake.
Once the class is submitted, we cannot delete.
- My student passed Module 1 and printed out a certificate, but it will not show passed in IPC database. What do I do?
If the grades do NOT post automatically, click on Retrieve Grades from Test.com. You should never remove the student from the class. Note that through his/her certificate number is not complete in the port, the proper certificate number is what is shown on the certificate he/she received. You may also need to enter the workmanship. To do this, click on the name of the student and then click on edit to the left of the module and select Passed/Failed from Workmanship drop down menu and then click save.
- Is the waiver form required for each class?
Online print waivers are no longer required to be submitted. Thus, the waiver form has been removed from the certification portal.
While we encourage the use of online exams we recognize that this is not always possible and have decided to allow unlimited use of the online print. Making the exams available in a printable format involves additional development and maintenance for IPC, therefore, the fee for online print was increased to $50 per student.
- I am a certified CIT, why doesn’t the drop down button show my program to which I am certified for?
Your certification may be expired or it is possible that your certification record has not yet been submitted. Please contact your trainer and have them submit your training via the CQI portal.
- This is the first time my student has taken a class; how do I validate a certificate for a first time student?
Use the validation function on CQI to validate the student's certification.
- Instructor Guides are moving to digital format. Just Digital copy on CD.
We are transitioning away from Instructor Guides in our training kits and moving all of that content to a digital format in the 'notes' section of the Visual files. We will no longer have IG's for any new upcoming programs.
- My Last name has changed; how do I update my details?
Please send a request to IPC using the Help Desk so we can update this information for you. If you are just changing your email, you can go to View IPC Profile (upper right hand corner) to view your contact information. Click on Manage Account and then edit my profile.
If this is for a student, you can enter a note in the student’s record (in the student comments section) as to what the necessary changes are and then we can make that change for you. You can update the Certificate Name by modifying the Certification name field. Click on the edit to the right of the student's name to open the Certificate name field and then make the appropriate changes to the name and click save.
- Does the key dates and milestones table shown on http://www.ipc.org/ContentPage.aspx?pageid=Certification-Quality-Initiative-CQIapply to CIT and CIS training equally?
- Is there a training course and/or video for the online portal?
The videos are available on the portal on the CQI home page. Please check out the HELP TAB on the portal for assistance in the portal.
- I need a quote on certificates?
Please contact customer service to order certificates and for detailed payment methods:
IPC Customer Service
3000 Lakeside Drive, Suite 105 N
Bannockburn, IL 60015
1 847-597-2862 - Phone
1 847-615-7114 - Fax
Orderipc@ipc.org – Email
- What are the hardware and software requirements for the computers used for on-line testing?
As long as the table/laptop used one of the browsers below you will not have any problems.
Browsers supported by the CQI Portal:
Internet Explorer 9+
- The revision we are currently working to (which is A) only has 13 questions in Mod 5. When I enter the number of correct answers in the portal, it shows 15 possible instead of 13. How do I proceed with this?
When you set up the class, please choose the correct revision.
- Will the exam for A-610F be provided only on line?
Can I still certify my operators in rev. E? Is there a cutoff date when all students are to be certified in rev.F?
REV F is available on the portal and materials too (as of March 16, 2015)
IPC is not revision specific so the revision used is between your company and their customers. Many people train to new revision when it’s time to recertify.
IPC supports the training materials for current revision and the last previous revision training materials, however, if you do have rev E materials, you can continue to train rev E since we have rev E exams online.
- If we order bulk exams for multiple Companies or for the same Company, which may have multiple trainings schedule, does the discount still apply? Or does it only apply to one schedule class at a time?
The 10% discount is applied for a single order of an IPC training center with 20+ IPC products, which it also includes the online exams. It doesn’t matter what you use them for one company or multiple Companies.
- What is the use and process for the use of an email for students?
The email is required for online exams (3rd party's product requirement). The email is required for the trainer to send confirmation once enrolled in their online exam class. The email sis also a login for access to their certification history and to be able to login for testing when needed. Additionally, the students will have access to view their certification history which is shown under My Summary. Each individual must have a unique email. If they do not have one they should be encouraged to create one using Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, or any other free email provider, using Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, or any other free email provider.
- Retrieve password link and create new profile link for student passwords?
Passwords are auto-generated from our database, unless the student logged into our portal using the View IPC profile and changed their password.
Passwords should be retrieved by your trainer by clicking the resend password button.
If the students are NEW and attending first time training then they will need to create a profile since we do not already have them listed in our database, they can create a profile using the link below.
If the students already have been previously trained/listed in our database, then they can retrieve their login credentials by accessing the link below. Clicking ‘Click here if you don’t know your password’ in the portal also allows for the retrieval of login details.
- When the students complete the online exam, will they see their results?
Once exams are completed, the trainer can view his/her students’ results in one location. Results are posted automatically for online exam and are available. The student will be able to see the correct/incorrect responses as well as the reference clause.
- What is the minimum grade required for CIT exams?
The average of the closed and open exam must be 80%. The minimum score for a single exam is 70%. MITs will need to make sure that the test scores average out to 80%.
- What is the course name for IPC-7711/7721?
IPC-7711/7721 and IPC-RWK are the same course.
- Where can I go to get more information about CID certification?
Please click on the link for program information: http://dc.ipc.org/html/default.htm
You may contact any listed training centers directly for all of your questions and any detail training information such as fees, location and schedule.
CID training centers http://www.ipc.org/ContentPage.aspx?pageid=IPC-Standards-Certification-Centers
- My student forgot to print out certificate, now what?
Once the student completes the mandatory module, you will see a DOWNLOAD CERTIFICATES button and then if you click it, you can download a copy of the certificate to your desktop. Please note that it may take a few minutes to download all the certificates. Also, if you just need a specific certificate for a student, you can click on that students CERTIFICATE number and then it will download that certificate just for that student.
If you already submitted your class, then please click on your completed class and download the certificates. If you do not see your submitted class, click on the SHOW ALL button.
- Will there be any translated revisions available?
If the desired language is available, it will appear in the dropdown menu. If you do not see your language, we do not have that translated revision available for testing.
- Will instructor have access to exams prior to student taking the exam?
No, not for online exam. For the Online Print exam option, the instructor will have access to the printed hard copy beforehand.
- What are the support hours?
The certification support team "The Help Desk" is available to answer your questions 16 hours per working day. Help Desk tickets are responded to Monday through Friday from 1:00am Central Time USA (CT) to 5:00pm CT. Phone support hours are offered from 7:30 am CT to 5:00pm CT by dialing 847-597-2982.
- I lost my certificate.
Please contact your trainer, they need to sign and date it.
- The minimum SUGGESTED price according to P&P 5.1, for instance when doing a J-STD-001 course to external candidates, is 40$/hour. Is this 40$/hour that the Trainer uses, or 40$/hour for each student participating?
That is the minimum SUGGESTED price to charge to a student.
- How do I enter the workmanship as complete?
You would click on the name of the student, click on edit to the left of the module, select Passed/Failed from Workmanship drop down menu and then click save.
- Student did not show up to class, can I change the name to a new student?
If a student does not show up to a class, instructors should not have someone else take the test in that student's name. The student should be deleted and the new student should be enrolled. Failure to follow this process will result in additional cost.
- Issued Certification Numbers not found on pending class, why?
It's not showing up because you need to SUBMIT the class to us. You can validate certificates 24 hours after submitting to IPC.
- How long can I leave my online exam credits out there?
Online exam credits appear as invoices in the certification portal and will be available for one year after purchase date after which point they expire. Refunds and/or substitutions will not be granted once the credits have been purchased.
- Policies and Procedures-What if I do not agree to the terms and conditions?
By accessing the portal and by exercising the rights of your Certified IPC Trainer Certificate, you are agreeing to the policy and procedures. In every IPC policy and procedures document IPC has stated that, by conducting classes and exercising the rights of your CIT certificate, you do agree to the Policy and Procedures in full. If you choose to not agree to the policy and procedures, that is your choice. However, if you choose not to agree with the policy and procedures, then your CIT certificate will be revoked. If you have any questions about the policies and procedures, please specify the sections you have the questions with and submit a help desk ticket titled policies and procedures. We do collect the user's feedback.
- As per your latest statement on the "on-Line Print" test having a price increase in January? We have already purchased a few tests at the $35 price but were going to test some of our techs when their certificates expire in March. Will the tests that we purchased still be good at the $35 price or will we have to increase our invoice amount to account for the new prices?
As of January 1, 2017, all online print classes will be $50.00. Any classes scheduled after 1/1/17 will be subject to the $50.00 price for online print classes.
- With the new price increase, if I am having a J-STD-001 class and will only be covering Module 1 & 3, is my class cost a flat rate of $35.00 or will it continue to be $10.00 per test ($20.00 per student)? Is this price change removing the $10.00 per test fee and going to a flat rate of $35.00, no matter how many modules are covered?
It's a flat fee for exams ($35.00) with mandatory modules and certificate. All additional modules are free and can be taken any time in the 2-year period. The $10.00 now is only for 2nd retake since 1st retake is free.
- It seems that you are eliminating the CIS a la carte option. Are both CIT tests (Open and Closed) still provided for a total of $35.00?
That is correct, it's now $35.00 for the exams with mandatory modules and certificate. All additional modules are free and can be taken any time in the 2-year period.
- How is MIT status renewed?
For MIT renewal, we need notification once an MIT gets recertified on the CIT program. The MIT or their instructor needs to create a Help Desk Ticket or send an email to email@example.com notifying us of the MIT's recertification.
MIT status is renewed manually once we verify the training center status (active and no credit hold) and the MIT's training activities. To be eligible to recertify as an MIT, an MIT must conduct at least two CIT courses (not challenge testing) to a minimum of six CIT students in the fifteen (15) months prior to MIT recertification. Once MIT status is renewed, CIT classes can be scheduled on the IPC Certification Portal within 24 hours (since an overnight process updates the portal).
As a reminder, additional regional requirements may apply. There are separate and unique requirements for any IPC Licensed Training Center or CIT that desires to conduct training in The People's Republic of China, India, Thailand, and Vietnam. Contact the IPC certification Program Office in those areas for specific requirements before scheduling or conduction training in either of these countries.
- Can I schedule my classes for more than 2 months?
You cannot have a class scheduled out more than two months at a time. If you have a class that will exceed the two-month time frame schedule you can now schedule the optional modules in a separate class. Please remember, classes should be submitted within one week of completion. Classes that are more than 30 days past the end date will be auto-submitted and all charges will be final. If circumstances prohibit you from submitting the class by the end date, edit the class and change the end date accordingly.